Archive for the ‘Optical Drive’ Category
0 CommentsPosted by Anton Shilov on March 10, 2014 under Optical Drive
Sony and Panasonic on Monday introduced their new jointly-developed optical disc format called Archival Disc that allows to store from 300GB to 1TB of data on a single 120mm disc. Both Sony and Panaso... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Anton Shilov on January 20, 2014 under HTPC, Optical Drive
The Blu-ray disc association (BDA), the organization responsible for setting up Blu-ray standards, has confirmed that the work on a specification of Blu-ray disc for ultra-high-definition (UHD) video ... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Anton Shilov on January 14, 2014 under HTPC, Optical Drive
Even though video streaming services like Amazon Prime and Netflix are growing rapidly these days, the majority of consumers still prefer movies on good-old optical media, such as Blu-ray disc (BD) an... more.
1 CommentsPosted by Anton Shilov on January 3, 2014 under Console, Optical Drive
With the progress that services like Steam, Origin and Netflix are making these days, many think that packaged media is a thing of the past. Despite this, they continue to play an important role in th... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jules on February 28, 2011 under HTPC, Optical Drive
Following on from KitGuru's revelation that Asus has launched the Essence One audiophile amp at CeBIT 2011, we've now spotted a pair of full-spec Blu-ray players. Does this mark the beginning of a sus... more.
4 CommentsPosted by Zardon on February 15, 2011 under Highlights, Optical Drive
Blu Ray writers are finally starting to come down in price and today we are reviewing the Plextor PX-B940SA drive. Plextor have been producing some of the finest drives on the market for the last ... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jules on October 5, 2010 under Channel, Optical Drive, SSD Drives
Optical drive sales have slowed down considerably in 2010, as many people opt for USB and networking for media storage and transfer. In a move to help counter this, Hitachi-LG have been working on new... more.
6 CommentsPosted by Zardon on September 17, 2010 under Announcements, Optical Drive
If, like me you rarely use an internal optical drive now in any of your system builds, then the product we are looking at today will be of particular interest. The Asus Extreme Slim DVD-RW Drive i... more.
4 CommentsPosted by Henry Butt on August 24, 2010 under Component, Highlights, Optical Drive
At KitGuru we review a plethora of different products but it's not often that we look at things like optical drives which are reasonably homogeneous in design and don't differ greatly in terms of ... more.
KitGuru FacebookLatest News
- Marvell and Nvidia are working on processor modules for Project Ara smartphones... Filed under: Android, Mobile, Smartphone
- MSI unveils mini-ITX Z97 mainboard with 802.11ac Killer Wi-Fi, M.2, enhanced cooling... Filed under: Motherboard
- Rackspace to lower reliance on Intel, set to use OpenPower servers... Filed under: CPU, Server
- Possible GeForce GTX 960 launch date and price revealed... Filed under: Graphics
- Asus preps external device for extreme overclocking of graphics cards... Filed under: Graphics
- MSI X99S Gaming 7 (LGA 2011-v3... Filed under: Highlights, Motherboard
- Gigabyte X99 SOC Force (LGA 20... Filed under: Highlights V, Motherboard
- Asus X99 Deluxe (LGA 2011-v3) ... Filed under: Highlights 2, Motherboard
- Windows 9 preview could arrive... Filed under: Operating Systems
- Asus Z97-A Motherboard Preview... Filed under: Highlights-new, Motherboard
KitGuru Gaming - Reviews and News
28nm amazon AMD Android Apple arm Asus ATI core ea facebook GCN geforce Google gpu haswell Intel ios ipad iPhone kim dotcom kitguru KitGuru News Launch microsoft New news nintendo nvidia piracy Playstation 4 ps4 radeon Review samsung sony ssd steam technology news valve wii u WIndows windows phone xbox xbox one