One of the mysteries of modern life in Western culture is the size of the portion compared to the size of the bill. While Italian restaurants are happy to heap spaghetti on your plate for next to nothing, haute cuisine in a French restaurant can often look like it has been hit with a shrink ray. Of the three BitFenix chassis we’ve seen recently, the Micro ATX Colossus M is the most expensive. KitGuru ponders whether less is more.
BitFenix leading lady, Coco Lee, says that her Colossus M “…adds Micro ATX motherboard compatibility, which means added expansion possibilities including dual graphics set-ups such as SLI or Crossfire”.
In other words, you won’t have to compromise on build options, despite opting for a smaller form factor.
In terms of features, the BitFenix Colossus M has (alongside plenty of ™ symbols):-
- Futuristic Form – Bold lines with a compact design
- LiteTrak™ Technology – Smooth multimode lighting with three colours and an included pulse mode
- Unmatched Flexibility – Supports long graphics cards and up to 240mm water cooling radiators
- Maximum Storage Potential – Five 3.5″ HDDs or eight 2.5″ SSD locations available
- BitFenix FlexCage™ Modular hard disk cage can be completely removed for added flexibility
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 – Two ports included for blazing file transfers
- BitFenix SofTouch™ Surface Treatment – Luxurious matte finish and soft feel
- Friendly Installation – Tool-free drive locking mechanisms, cable management and filtered intakes
The detailed specification includes:-
- Materials: Steel, Plastic, SofTouch™
- Colors (Int/Ext): Black/Black
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 250 x 330 x 374mm
- Motherboard Sizes: Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX
- Power Supply: PS2 ATX (bottom, multi direction)
- Extras: LiteTrak™ lighting system, SofTouch™ surface treatment, magnetic heat shield
- PCI Slots: x 5
There is enough space for hard drives, with the following bays available:-
- 5.25″ Drive Bays: x 1
- 3.5″ Drive Bays: x 4
- 2.5″ Drive Bays: x 3
Can you keep your internals cool? Well there are plenty of air movement options:-
- Top: 120mm x 2 (optional)
- Bottom: 120mm x 2 (1 included) or 200mm x 1(optional) or 230mm x 1 (optional)
- Rear: 120mm x 1 (included) or 140mm x 1 (optional)
It weighs in at just over 8.5Kg.
Lastly, there is a pair of high speed USB 3 ports and two HD Audio holes.BitFenix Colossus M Micro ATX Chassis Review,