Today we are going to look at the Shadow Rock 2 CPU Cooler from Be Quiet!. It is the first model we have looked at from the second generation of the ‘Shadow Rock’ series of products. We are excited to see how it fares in our tests as previous models in this series were very impressive.
The ‘Shadow Rock‘ range of coolers from Be Quiet! are designed specifically to optimize acoustic performance, placing less of a focus on cooling performance.
This makes them ideal for those users who are more concerned with having a whisper-quiet system than a system which is overclocked to the absolute maximum achievable frequency, without regard for noisy high-performance fans.
We will also be taking a brief look at Be Quiet!’s new DC1 thermal paste.
- Very high cooling benchmarks complement its high cooling capacity of 180W TDP
- Four high-performance 8mm heatpipes carry heat to optimal location on the cooling fins
- Turbulence-reducing wave design on cooling fins reduces noise generation from airflow
- Optimized 120mm be quiet! fan with PWM function supports the best balance of cooling performance and quiet operation
- Even at 100% PWM function, noise is at scant 25.4dB(A)