Today we are going to take a look at the Kraken X40, which is one of NZXT’s first attempts at a performance liquid cooler. It is a similar design to the X60, however it features a smaller 140 mm radiator for those who don’t have room for a 280 mm unit in their case. We look forward to seeing how it performs in our tests.
Like the Kraken X60, the X40 is based on Asetek technology, making it similar to the Corsair H90. We will be looking at the differences between the two coolers in this review, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of each.
We will also look at how it compares to the Kraken X60 and Corsair H110, to show how the larger radiator affects performance. The 140 mm radiator differentiates the X40 from the competition as it has more surface area than the myriad of 120 mm coolers on the market.
- World’s first all-in-one 140mm cooler with capacity to mount up to two 140mm fans.
- High performance pump and copper block with interactive digital fan control.
- Integrated HUE controlled LED pump cap.
- Large tower support with extended 16″ tubing and premium black sleeved cables for a clean look and improved airflow.
- Completed sealed system backed by a 2 year warranty.