Today we are going to take a look at the Biostar Hi-Fi Z77X which is the latest model in their range based on this chipset. We were recently very impressed by the Biostar Hi-Fi A85W motherboard which offered a good balance between style, performance and features, while remaining widely affordable.
It’s clear that Biostar are trying hard to compete with the top motherboard manufacturers as we’ve seen a number of high-end models for them over the past year. We were especially impressed with the Biostar TZ77XE4 that we looked at a few months back when the Ivy Bridge platform launched.
As part of Biostar’s ‘Hi-Fi‘ range, this model features enhanced onboard audio. This will help it compete in the market and may swing those enthusiasts who aren’t planning to use a dedicated sound card with their system.
We will be testing the motherboard with an Intel Core i7-3770K in this review, both at stock speeds and when overclocked.
- Support the Intel 3rd and 2nd generation Core i7 and Core i5 processors in the 1155 package.
- Intel Z77 single chip architecture.
- Support 4-DIMM DDR3-2600(OC)/2400(OC)/2200(OC)/2133(OC)/1866(OC)/1800(OC))/1600/1333 up to 32G maximum capacity.
- Support SATA 6Gb/s 2X speed than current SATA 3G.
- Support Intel Smart Response Technology.
- Support USB 3.0.
- 100% X.D.C solid capacitor.
- BIOSTAR Puro Hi-Fi.