Exploiting the Skylake CPUs for their allure to gamers, ASRock’s Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ is a motherboard that targets the enthusiast gaming audience by offering a wide range of the bells and whistles they may desire. Can pumped-up audio, a Killer NIC, strong multi-GPU support, and high-speed storage interfaces persuade gamers who are willing to invest in the Skylake platform?
You may have noticed that ASRock sells the Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming as a K6 and K6+ SKU. The sole difference between these two offerings is the inclusion of a 5.25″ bay that features Type-A and reversible Type-C USB 3.1 ports. This is currently one of the few ways to obtain front panel USB 3.1 support until case manufactures catch up.
Core features for the Gaming K6+ revolve around the needs of enthusiast gamers who also possess an interest in their computer hardware. Central to the board are an enhanced audio solution, Killer Gigabit Ethernet and accompanying software, and a gamer-orientated colour scheme, provided you’re into the red and black way of doing things. Hardware features come in the form of a 12 phase power delivery design, as well as other devices to benefit overclocking, and strong expansion support.
How will ASRock’s Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ fair in our testing?
- ASRock Super Alloy
- Gaming Armor – CPU Power / Memory / VGA Card / Cooling / Internet / Audio
- Supports 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors (Socket 1151)
- Digi Power, 12 Power Phase Design
- Supports Dual Channel DDR4 3600+(OC)
- 3 PCIe 3.0 x16, 3 PCIe 3.0 x1
- NVIDIA® Quad SLI™, AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™
- Graphics Output Options: DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort 1.2
- Supports Triple Monitor
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec), Supports Purity Sound™ 3 & DTS Connect
- 2 SATA Express, 8 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
- 4 USB 3.1 10Gb/s (2 Type-A + 2 Type-C), 8 USB 3.0 (2 Front, 5 Rear, 1 Fatal1ty Mouse Port)
- Free Bundled ASRock Front USB 3.1 Panel
- Supports Full Spike Protection, ASRock Live Update & APP Shop, F-Stream, Key Master, XSplit