We have had mixed experiences with Thermaltake power supplies in the past. A few of them have delivered excellent results while others have left us disappointed. Today we are looking at the Smart M 750W power supply, a modular unit with 80 Plus Bronze Certification. Thermaltake claim the design can deliver 750W continuously at 40c, and they have opted to use high grade Japanese capacitors throughout for enhanced reliability.
The Thermaltake Smart M Series 750W is a single +12V rail design, a firm favourite with the enthusiast audience today. The company are using solid state capacitors and the minor rails are rectified by two DC-DC convertors.
- Supports the latest ATX 12V V2.3 & EPS 12V standards.
- Guaranteed to deliver 750W continuous output @ 40℃ operating environment.
- High current & single +12V rail provides superior performance.
- 80 PLUS® Bronze certified: with 82-88% efficiency @ 20-100% load under real world load conditions.
- 100% High quality Japanese main capacitor ensure superb performance and reliability.
- Solid state capacitors: great stability at higher operating temperatures, frequencies and currents.
- Double forward ultra-efficient circuitry design for added power savings.
- Synchronous rectification circuit design with DC-DC converter for extremely stable performance and high efficiency.
- Ultra-quiet 140mm cooling fan delivers excellent airflow at an exceptionally low noise level.
- Active PFC with Universal AC input.
- Flat, low-profile modular cables allow for easy cable routing and increased airflow.
- Supports multiple core high-end graphic cards & CPU. (NVIDIA SLI & ATI CrossFire Ready)
- Dimension: 150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 160mm(D).
- High reliability: MTBF>100,000 hours.
- Heavy-duty protection circuitry of Over Current, Over Voltage, Under Voltage, Over Power and Short-Circuit protections.
- Safety / EMI Approvals: UL/CUL/TUV/CE/FCC and BSMI certification.