Today we are taking a look at the CM 690 III. Following in the footsteps of the CM 690 II the latest revision supports up to ten 2.5″ drives, graphics cards up to 423 mm in length and CPU coolers up to 171 mm in height. Retailing around £85, is the CM 690 III worth investing in?
Zardon reviewed the CM 690 II back in 2010 and concluded that “Cooler Master have certainly got the build quality down to a fine art. We like this case – it combines fantastic looks and styling with solid engineering and good cooling performance.”
- Available colour: Midnight Black.
- Materials: Polymer, mesh front bezel.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 230 x 507 x 502 mm / 9.1 x 20 x 19.8 inch.
- Net weight: 8.7 kg / 19.2 lbs.
- M/B Type: microATX / ATX.
- 5.25″ Drive Bays: 3 (exposed).
- 3.5″Drive Bays: 7 (hidden).
- 2.5″ Drive Bays: 10 (hidden; 7 from the HDD/SSD combo cages, 1 under the ODD cage, 1 behind the M/B tray, 1 at the bottom).
- i/o Panel: USB 3.0 x 2, USB 2.0 x 2, Audio In & Out (supports AC97 / HD Audio).
- Expansion Slots: 7 + 1.
- Power Supply support: standard ATX PS2.
- Maximum GPU length: 423 mm / 16.6 inch.
- Maximum CPU cooler height: 171 mm / 6.7 inch.