Today we are going to look at a very impressively designed drive caddy which can convert both 2.5 inch mechanical and solid state drives into RAID arrays. It is also built to withstand serious abuse and to fit inside a standard 3.5 inch drive bay. If you have several older drives gathering dust then this might just be the performance boost you need for a new system build.
The Icy Dock MB982SPR-2S certainly isn’t a very catchy name, but on paper it looks to be a very versatile unit with Raid 0, Raid 1 and BIG support.
Unlike many units we have seen from the Far East in recent months, it is built from high quality metal so it won’t be something you have to hide in shame within your new rig.
- Full Metal and Heavy Duty with Easy Access to Drives
- Converts your 2 x 2.5” SATA HDD or SSD to a 3.5” SATA HDD, for 3.5” SATA Drive Bay and Backplane usage.
- Windows and Mac Software for RAID Set Up
- Built in RAID featuring RAID 0, RAID 1, BIG and Port Multiplier
- Universal Mounting Holes For Most Common PC Cases
- Compatible with most 3.5” HDD Backplanes and Hot Swap Devices
- Compatible With Mac Pro
- Perfect For Power Users, System Integrators and IT Professionals