At KitGuru we like to cover all the bases – in the last three weeks we have reviewed SSD drives, graphics cards, power supplies, coolers, headsets, drive bays, processors, motherboards, monitors and even the Apple iPad.
Today however we have something really special to show you. Imagine for a moment that you could afford the finest computer components known to man, then imagine you could get a company to take all the stress out of building and squeezing every last ounce of performance from it.
Enter Cryo Performance Computing – one of the UK’s most respected custom PC builders, and a company I have known for many years. They aren’t a faceless corporation mass producing systems from a variety of cloned Windows DVD’s, they custom tune every system especially for the customer. Speaking with any member of the team you are immediately aware that these guys really do know what they are talking about.
For the system on test today, I asked Cryo to send me one of their finest high end systems with money being a secondary factor. Sure, not many people reading this today will be able to afford the £3,500 Hydro Nemesis SE, but it should be a damn fine indication of their selection and building prowess, even if you are likely to aim lower in their range.
The Hydro Nemesis is based around the following components:
- Intel Core i7 930 2.8GHz, Cryo Boost 4.3GHz+
- Asus Rampage II Extreme motherboard
- HIS HD5970 graphics
- Corsair PC3-12800C8 low latency memory
- Corsair 750W PSU
- Custom High Flow Water cooling of CPU and GPU; using 2x 140mm HW Labs dual pass heat exchanger, 1x 120mm TFC dual pass heat exchanger, Laing DDC pump with integrated reservoir, Swiftech Apogee XT CPU block, Koolance HD5870 GPU blocks, nozzles and fittings, half inch tubing and anti-kink throughout
- Samsung F3 1TB HD
- Samsung S223 DVD-RW
- Lian-Li PC-B25FW case
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
and comes with the following service extras:
- Two Year RTB warranty (upgradable to three years and/or collect & return)
- Three Year Upgrade Assurance (Cryo buy back any upgrades over the period)
- Cable Management and Braiding
- OS and Build Configuration support (either by phone, email, onsite field engineer if appropriate)
- Price £2,495
However the Special Edition version which we have for review today, contains the following changes
- Intel Core i7 980 XE 3.33GHz Cryo Boost to 4.5GHz (slight variances between CPU’s)
- Crossfire HIS ATI HD5870 cards
- Corsair 850W PSU
- AquaAero 4.00 USB system monitoring and management
- Koolance Water Flow meter
- Price £3,495
We would assume, right about now, that your eyes have widened …