Google CEO talks up importance of sub-$250 Android tablets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google CEO talks up importance of sub-$250 Android tablets

This week Google CEO Larry Page answered a question about Google’s strategy going forward regarding Android tablets. Naturally, this is a topic of high interest to many considering increased retail strength and importance tablets from the green machine are enduring.

Google CEO talks up importance of sub-$250 Android tablets | KitGuru
    Mobile Kiwi

i5 760 @ 3.5GHz / Radeon 6870 / 4GB RAM / Spinpoint F3 1TB / Antec 902 / Corsair HX-650

Indeed. While I'd love to get a Windows 8 tablet based on some X86 chip, but they'll be way too expensive initially. So now that I'm finally starting to see a couple of Android 7" tablets that give me what I want (IPS screen, SD-card slot, USB-connector and MKV video playback) I'm likely to get one for the summer. Chinese manufacturer Ainol has their Aurora model that has however been hard to get here in Sweden with just one importer, but more are on their way I'm sure. Unfortunately for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 there's their proprieatary charging port. Such "features" have no place on the open tablet world to me.

Comment

you should've grabbed a HP Touchpad during the fire-sale mate
      got mine running the latest nightly ICS build and it's smoother than silk
      (yeah ok, no SD slot, but hell it was cheap)

Comment

Yeah, maybe HP can do it again. If anyone, they could.

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
          Yeah, maybe HP can do it again. If anyone, they could.
          LOL

Comment

You could always wait for the Asus Nexus tablet that's meant to be coming by summer. Hopefully it just gets distributed worldwide and Europeans/APAC don't get screwed over on "exchange rates and shipping costs"... It won't surprise me if in the states it's $200 while in Australia (their dollar is worth more than the US) it will cost $300
            Mobile Kiwi

i5 760 @ 3.5GHz / Radeon 6870 / 4GB RAM / Spinpoint F3 1TB / Antec 902 / Corsair HX-650

Comment

Originally posted by ArchSerpo View Post
              You could always wait for the Asus Nexus tablet that's meant to be coming by summer. Hopefully it just gets distributed worldwide and Europeans/APAC don't get screwed over on "exchange rates and shipping costs"... It won't surprise me if in the states it's $200 while in Australia (their dollar is worth more than the US) it will cost $300
              $200 => £200. minimum
              we always get screwed on these things in the UK / EU

Comment

Working...
              X