At CES this year Sony have announced their latest Xperia Z smartphone which will be sure to attract attention. The smartphone has a list of high powered specifications, but Sony are focusing on the waterproof abilities. Sony claim the phone can stay submerged for up to 30 minutes without a problem.
The Sony Xperia Z will ship with a 5 inch 1080p display and the list of specifications are:
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm quad-core processor
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB integrated memory with microSD card
- HSPA+ and LTE support, dependent on launch market
- 13 megapixel camera with HDR video support (this is a first)
- HD voice
- Battery stamina mode
- Water and dust resistant (can stay submerged for 30 minutes)
- Anti-shatter glass on front and back
- Glass fiber polyamide (metal-like) material frame
Kitguru says: A phone to look out for? We think it is.