Despite being a well established company in the audio market, Plantronics are a relatively new player in the gaming audio arena. We have been generally impressed with the gaming products we’ve seen form them so far, though, especially the GameCom X40 Xbox 360 headset which offered excellent value for money.
Today we are going to look at the GameCom 777 gaming headset from Plantronics which is targeted at PC gamers. Plantronics include an external USB sound card with the headset which enables virtual 7.1 surround sound and Dolby Headphone to improve gaming performance. We look forward to seeing how it compares to the other headsets that we’ve reviewed in the past from Plantronics.
- Dolby Headphone technology delivers a 7-channel audio experience.
- The USB sound card with Dolby Headphone is the only way to get the 7.1 experience.
- Open-ear design keeps you connected to the game and your surroundings.
- Concealed microphone boom stays hidden until you’re ready to use it.
- Specially designed ear pods redistribute pressure for maximum comfort.
- In-line volume and microphone-mute controls allow for easy audio adjustment.
- Noise-canceling microphone lets you communicate clearly.
- Rugged, military-grade design and extra-strength cables make your hardware hardcore.