be quiet! have earned a solid reputation over the years with the enthusiast audience. Their range of cases, CPU coolers and power supplies have consistently scored well on KitGuru – and today we look at one of their latest power supplies, the Dark Power Pro 11. This month they have 850W, 1000W and 1200W models launching, with lower wattage units hitting retail later. How good are these high end designs?
be quiet! plan on releasing 550w, 650w and 750w supplies in August, however current pricing for the higher wattage models are:
– Dark Power Pro 11 850 W: 199 USD, 161 GBP, 255 Euro.
– Dark Power Pro 11 1000 W: 239 USD, 186 GBP, 259 Euro.
– Dark Power Pro 11 1200 W: 279 USD, 207 GBP, 289 Euro.
All of these supplies are modular designs and feature 80 Plus Platinum efficiency. They are sophisticated Full Bridge conversion implementations with LLC and synchronous rectifying as well as DC-to-DC transformation. be quiet! also supply an ‘overclocking key’ allowing the end user switch between the default four rail setting, to a single 12V rail mode.
Dark Power Pro 11 Overview:
- be quiet! SilentWings 3 (135mm) fan.
- 80 Plus Platinum certification.
- Topology: Full Bridge + LLC + SR + DC/DC.
- Overclocking Key.