Scan will be well-known to KitGuru readers for its huge and comprehensive component supply business. But the company has also been building professional workstations for many years. The 3XS range includes both enthusiast systems for gamers as well as rack-mount servers and high-performance computing nodes. The 3XS GW-HTX35 is a high-end graphics system that brings together the best possible components in most areas, and won’t give you much change out of £10,000 as a result.
Central to the GW-HTX35 is a pair of ten-core Xeon processors, giving this system huge potential with parallel-processing tasks like 3D rendering. These are backed by a healthy 64GB of RAM. But 3D modelling performance will be excellent, too, because this is the first system we have seen with the super-expensive NVIDIA Quadro M6000 professional graphics card, which costs around £3,000 on its own and sports a whopping 12GB of frame buffer. So this is a system with potential to reign supreme across the board. Read on to see how it does in our suite of professional tests.
Watch via our VIMEO Channel (below) or over on YouTube HERE.
Here are some detailed shots of the system, internal and external.
Scan 3XS GW-HT35 Specifications:
- 2x Intel Xeon E5-2687W V3 @ 3.1GHz
- 64GB Crucial ECC Registered DDR4 SDRAM @ 2,133MHz
- ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS Motherboard
- 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SATA III 6Gb/s SSD
- 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 SATA III 6Gb/s 7,200rpm HDD
- 12GB GDDR5 NVIDIA Quadro M6000 Graphics
- 2x 3XS customised Corsair H80 water cooling
- 1,000W Corsair RM PSU
- Fractal Design Define XL Titanium Grey chassis
- Windows 7 Professional 64bit
- 3 Years warranty, 1 Year Onsite, 2 Years RTB
Price: £9,179 inc VAT & Delivery (Buy from SCAN HERE)