Today we will be taking a look at the Turtle Beach Ear Force XP Seven, aimed at professional gamers and enthusiasts alike. Packed with features such as customizable presets, an Audio Control Unit, adjustable surround sound angles, Dolby surround and even auxiliary input, Turtle Beach claims these headphones offer “the ultimate in game tournament and lifestyle performance”. These headphones come in at a hefty $279.95 or around £185 pounds inc vat.
So, should you be queuing up for the Ear Force XP Seven?
When Zardon asked me if I wanted to review Turtle Beach’s latest high-end headphones my main concern was thinking of new ways to make playing games, listening to music and watching movies sound like hard work.
As you will see on the next pages, Turtle Beach provided enough material to keep me occupied, so let’s dive in.
- Works with Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Mac, smartphones, tablets and portable gaming devices
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound
- True USB Surround Sound on PC/Mac
- Dynamic Chat Boost
- Adjustable Surround Sound Angles
- Ear Guard with Blast Limiter
- Voice Morphing
- Independent chat & volume control
- 50mm speakers
- TOSLINK digital optical connection
- Removable mic with flexible boom
- Included in the box: Console Interface USB Cable, Turtle Beach Sticker, Audio Control Unit, Digital Optical Cable, Mini USB Cable, Xbox 360 Chat Cable, Headset Breakaway Cable, Mobile Adapter Cable, 3.5mm Cable, Seven Headset, Presets Reference Booklet, Audio Control Unit Extender Cable.