Well Grand Theft Auto V broke a few world records, are you surprised? The game has been recognized as breaking seven Guinness World Records now making the achievements official. The confirmation came yesterday as Guiness World Records Editor in Chief, Craig Glenda, praised the game with the following statement:
“GTA totally deserves to be recognized as an icon of modern British culture, and we're thrilled to be able to feature the game in the record books. Gaming is no longer a niche hobby, as GTA 5 has proved, and how exciting that it's taken on the might of Hollywood and won! I'm also doubly proud as a Dundonian to welcome this home-grown series back into the Guinness World Records book.”
Here are the seven records the game now holds:
- Best selling action-adventure game in 24 hours
- Best selling video game in 24 hours
- Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion
- Fastest video game to gross $1 billion
- Highest grossing video game in 24 hours
- Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
- Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure video game
The first two records came about after the game sold 11 million copies in 24 hours, on its third day the game had made over $1 billion. Previous record holders include the Call of Duty series and blockbuster hits The Avengers and Avatar.
KitGuru Says: GTA now officially holds the records we already knew it should have, but the game is still selling like crazy and plenty of people aren't done with it yet. Now we just need the online to become fully functional and we're good to go. Are you still playing GTA V?