Bioshock and Tomb Raider have sold well in the United Kingdom, and the same sales pattern has been mirrored in America. Interestingly the Xbox 360 is also the best selling console, which is now a record 27 months.
The NPD numbers show that Bioshock Infinite has taken the top position in the charts, followed closely by Tomb Raider 2013. They have both sold more than any other title in their respective franchises in America. Luigi’s Mansion is the only handheld game to break the top ten, selling 415,000 units in retail and online.
The Xbox 360 has shifted another 261,000 units in America in the last month which shows the demand is still high for Microsoft’s aging console. That is 27 months in a row that the Xbox 360 has held the top console sales position.
Looking at the figures from a hardware sales point, the overall sales are down 10% for the console makers, excluding the Nintendo 3DS. Sales of that console were up 9 percent on this time last year.
Software sales, including those on the PC, were up 2%, which is the first increase since November 2012. Call Of Duty: Black Ops II is still in the top ten, holding position at number 5 in the chart.
If you don’t have a copy of Bioshock Infinite or Tomb Raider, be sure to check out our Facebook page – we have been giving away copies of these games now for close to a month, every day.
The top ten selling games in America are:
- BioShock Infinite (360, PS3, PC)
- Tomb Raider 2013 (360, PS3, PC)
- Gears of War: Judgement (360)
- God Of War: Ascension (PS3)
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, PC, NWU)
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
- MLB 13: The Show (PSV, PS3)
- NBA 2K13 (360, PS3), Wii, NWU, PSP, PC)
- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (PS3, 360, NWU)
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (PS3, 360.
Kitguru says: Good to see game sales increasing this month.