Seasonic really need no introduction, they have been the OEM behind some of the world’s finest power supplies for many years. Today we are looking at the X-Series 1250W unit, a fully modular design which has achieved 80 Plus Gold Certification.
Seasonic haven’t cut any corners, they are using the highest grade 105c Japanese capacitors and are focusing on maintaining low noise levels.
The unit adopts a Hybrid fan control system which is an advanced 3 phased (Fanless, Silent and Cooling Mode) thermal control system, to offer a balance between silence and cooling.
Hang on, does this sound familiar?
If you are a regular reader of Kitguru, you may remember our review of the XFX Pro 1250w Black Edition last November. XFX used the Seasonic design for their power supply with some noticeable, cosmetic differences.
When Hybrid mode is enabled the power supply will operate silently until it reaches 20% load, or 25c. After 20% load (or internal temperatures of 25c) the fan will ramp up, pre-configured to ‘quiet’ mode (rated at 16dBa). When 50% load is reached (625w) then the power supply will switch to ‘Cooling mode’ which is only rated at ‘greater than’ 16 dBa. We will look at this in detail, later in the review.
Special Features -
- 80PLUS® Gold Certified Super High Efficiency.
- Full Modular Cabling Design.
- Patented DC Connector Module with Integrated VRM [Voltage Regulator Module].
- DC to DC Converter Design.
- Seasonic Hybrid Silent Fan Control.
- Sanyo Denki San Ace Silent Fan.
- Conductive Polymer Aluminum Solid Capacitors.
- Highly Reliable 105℃ Japanese Brand Capacitors.
- Tight Voltage Regulation [±3%].
- Active Power Factor Correction [99% PF Typical].
- High +12V Output.
- High Current Gold Plated Terminals.
- Dual Sided PCB Layout.
- Ultra Ventilation [Honeycomb Structure].
- Multi-GPU Technologies Supported.
- All-in-One DC Cabling Design.
- Easy Swap Connector.
- Universal AC Input [Full Range].
- 5 Years Warranty.