Alienware yesterday announced one of the most surprising new additions to their range, the console styled X51 system.
This small form factor PC is certainly eye catching and is going to be priced at only $699 in the US. As expected, this is for the base model configuration, so adding faster processors and more capable discrete graphics solutions will add to the overall price point.
The X51 can be used flat on a table, or vertically, in the same manner as the Playstation or Xbox 360. It is 3.74 inches wide, 12.52 inches deep and 13.5 inches high.
John Blain, from Dell, updated his blog yesterday and said “The community has asked for a more efficient gaming system for quite a while now, Gamers crave a system that delivers the Alienware experience in a smaller and more versatile form factor to meet the needs of today’s different environments – from the dorm room to the game room (I mean “office”), or wherever else gaming can be enjoyed. We want a system that is versatile enough for both work and play, but most of all, we want the experience to be as accessible as possible.”
Specifications are below:
- Intel Core i3 Dual Core (standard) and Intel Core i5 and i7 Quad Core Processor Options
- Intel H61 Express Chipset Architecture
- Mini-ITX Motherboard
- NVIDIA Graphics Card Options: 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 (Standard) or 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555
- Up to 8GB of DDR3 Memory (4GB Standard); 2x 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Slots
- 7,200RPM 1TB Hard Drive
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
- Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Burner (Standard) or optional Blu-ray Disc Reader
- Internal High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio with Waves MAXX Audio Software
- Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet NIC and Integrated
- 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Wireless LAN (standard)
- USB 2.0 (6x); USB 3.0 (2x); Microphone In; Headphone/Speaker Out;
- HDMI 1.4 Output; RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet; Front, Rear and Center Speaker Ports; SPDIF Digital Output (TOSLINK); SPDIF Digital Output (Coax)
- Alienware 240 Watt Power Supply (Standard) or optional 330 Watt Power Supply
- Dual-orientation tower system dimensions: h: 13.5″ (343mm) x w: 3.74″ (95mm) x d: 12.52″ (318mm)
- Starting Weight: 12.1 lbs. (5.49 Kg.)