HTC’s successor to the highly grossing Wildfire S budget Android smartphone has been known about for a while now, with specifications leaking just the other day. Today it has been revealed (as rumoured) as the Desire C, keeping the Desire family of smartphones alive but barely breathing.
Full specifications include…
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC Sense 4.0
- 3.5 inch HVGA (320×480) display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 chipset (likely to be the MSM7225A)
- 600 MHz single core processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 4 GB of internal storage plus a MicroSD slot
- 5 MP camera with LED flash, 0.3 MP front facing cam
- Beats Audio
- Available in black, white or red
Obviously it isn’t going to offer amazing performance with a processor offering the performance of a 2.5 year old flagship. Impressive in the PC world, in the mobile world; not so much. It also packs in the latest edition of Android and kind of looks like a mini HTC One X so all is not bad.
The Desire C will be rather affordable at just £160 (€200) and should be available in select European countries later this month.
KitGuru says: On the surface the HTC Desire C looks like a rather impressive budget Android.