Razer has offered ‘streaming gear' for years in the form of webcams, chairs, microphones and various peripherals, but now, the company has its own all-in-one solution. The new Razer Stream Controller is launching later this year, looking to take the crown away from the Elgato Stream Deck.
The Razer Stream Controller offers a full UI, which you can set up with all the shortcuts you need. There are 12 haptic switchblade keys, which are bindable to any command or macro you want to set up, and you can customise the icons for easier navigation. Along the sides, you will find six tactile analogue dials, allowing you to make audio adjustments for all incoming audio channels to the stream.
Creators can also set up dedicated layouts known as ‘workspaces', so you can have a setup for streaming, a setup for editing and one for personal use, and all you need to do is swipe between them on the touchscreen display. You can see some good examples of the workspaces you can set up on Razer's Stream Controller page.
In partnership with Loupedeck, there is a full all-in-one software experience with the Stream Controller, so everything you need is all in one place without the need for additional tools. You can also use Loupedeck to search for new plugins, profiles and icon packs.
Here are the full specifications:
- Interface: 12 Haptic Switchblade Keys, 2 Side LCD Screen, 6 Tactile Analog Dials, 8 Programmable Buttons
- System requirements: macOS X 10.14 (and later), Windows 10 systems, Loupedeck software
- Size: 151 x 101.5 x 30.2mm
- Weight: 210g (Stream Controller only), Angle Stand is 216g (Including Detachable stand)
- Connectivity: 2-meter USB-A to USB-C cable
- Inside the box/Package Contents: Razer Stream Controller, 2-meter USB-A to USB-C cable, Detachable Stand
The Razer Stream Controller will be available later this year, priced at £259.99.
Discuss on our Facebook page, HERE.
KitGuru Says: The Razer Stream Controller looks to be a very good all-in-one solution. It will be interesting to see what people think in a few months time.