Many of you reading this will have overclocked a processor at one time or another – we all love added performance for no extra cost. For those who have yet to pop their OC cherry, then the first course of action is to get hold of a good cooler. This is important as overclocking generates extra heat, which in turn can cause instability and even in worst cases hardware failure.
Xigmatek have a good reputation for releasing high quality Direct Touch heat pipe coolers, such as with their popular HDT-S1283 heatsink. They have recently released new D.L.H.D.T.: Double Layer with Heat Pipe Direct Touch technology incorporated. The naming convention is broken down into component parts : 12CM sized fan, 8mm heat-pipes x 2, 6mm heat pipes x 4 (making ‘128264').
The Aegir SD128264 cooler we are looking at today supports AMD AM2/AMD2+/AM3 and Core i3, i5, i7 (LGA 1156), Core i7 (LGA 1356).
Aegir SD128264 Features
- H.D.T. (Heat-pipe direct touch) technology.
- Support for LGA775/1156/1366; AM2/AM2+/AM3.
- Dual fan installed option and Anti-vibration rubbers attached.
- Double layer HDT & Double performance.
- 2pcs Φ8mm & 4pcs Φ6mm high performance heat-pipes.
- PWM fan to adjust the power of the fan efficiently.
- Anti-vibration rubbers prevent vibration and absorb noise.
- Mounting system, Spring-Screw and consolidate back plate.
- Friendly installation.