Back at CES this year, MSI announced the X99A GODLIKE GAMING Carbon Edition motherboard, it’s top-tier model built for Intel’s enthusiast-grade CPUs. After a few months of waiting, this feature-packed board is now available here in the UK, just in time for the impending arrival of Intel’s Broadwell-E line-up that we have been hearing so much about thanks to various leaks recently.
The GODLIKE Gaming Carbon Fibre Edition motherboard is an EATX model, with plenty of useful features like DDR4 Boost technology, which uses optimized PCB traces to fully isolate memory circuitry as well as what MSI calls Steel Armour technology, which is essentially a better EMI shield.
Here is a full run down of the board’s feature set:
- Supports Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition processors.
- Supports Quad Channel DDR4-3400+(OC) RAM.
- USB 3.1: Delivering speeds up to 10Gb/s.
- DoubleShot-X3 PRO: Use Killer DoubleShot-X3 Pro to combine Killer WIFI with two Killer LANs for the best online gaming experience.
- Turbo M.2 : Delivering next generation M.2 Gen3 x4 performance with transfer speeds up to 32 Gb/s.
- SATA Express + USB 3.1 + SATA 6Gb/s.
- 4-Way NVIDIA SLI & AMD CrossFire Support.
- OC Engine: Reach higher overclocking results with more flexible BCLK adjustments at 100/125/167MHz.
- Audio Boost 3 PRO with 6.3mm audio jack and ESS audio DAC.
- Guard-Pro: Improved Protection and Power Efficiency
- OC Genie 4: Automatic overclocking tool.
- Click BIOS 4: Easily Fine-tune Your System
- Gaming Device Port: Optimized with Triple Gold-plating for High Polling Rate Gaming Devices.
The MSI GODLIKE GAMING Carbon Edition is now available at Overclockers UK for £454.99. It also comes with a free MSI DS502 gaming headset for a limited time, we reviewed this headset quite recently so if you are interested in that, you can check it out, HERE.
KitGuru Says: If you are looking to start picking up parts for a new high-end system, then perhaps MSI’s flagship will catch your eye. Are any of you planning on jumping over to the X99 platform this year?