Last updated on March 20th, 2014 at 08:21 am
CyberLink Corp today released PowerDVD 11, the latest version of the award-winning media playback software for PCs. A universal player, PowerDVD 11 is designed to be the only application you will need to view Blu-ray and DVD movies, videos, photos and to listen to music.
PowerDVD 11 introduces a multitude of new features, including support to playback and transfer content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android phone or slate device to your PC. Additionally, for smart device content, PowerDVD now facilitates the playback of remote media from sources such as DLNA servers and social networking sites like Facebook, Flickr and YouTube.
Another new key feature for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android users is the new PowerDVD Remote app, allowing users to control PowerDVD from the comfort of their sofa.
“While the PC remains central to the digital entertainment experience, portable devices and online content are playing increasingly important roles,” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. “PowerDVD 11 smoothesthe flow between the PC, smartdevices and online content so that userscan get the most out of theirdigital entertainmentanywhere.”
Media playback wouldn’t be complete without top quality audio, which PowerDVD 11 takes to the next level with premium 5.1-channel DTS audio experience across all three retail versions, as well as new Dolby Digital Plus support for MP4 files.
Key Features of PowerDVD 11
- Play any HD media: Flawless Blu-ray, upscaled DVD playback with optimised CPU/GPU hardware acceleration. New ultra-fast Instant Seek to search for movie scenes.
- Play any 3D media: Blu-ray 3D and native 3D video support. 2D to 3D conversion for videos and photos.
- Play media from anywhere: From Apple and Android devices through to online media, DLNA server content, and Blu-ray and DVD discs, PowerDVD 11 plays it all.
- Play in upscaled quality: CyberLink’s unique TrueTheater™ enhancements for upscaled image quality movies & videos. TrueTheater™ Surround to give you a surround sound experience using only stereo speakers.
- Play social media: Watch TrueTheater™-enhanced video from YouTube and view Facebook and Flickr photos and slideshows all from one application.
PowerDVD 11 users with iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android devices are able to download and install the PowerDVD Remote app, enabling them to remote control PowerDVD playback of Blu-ray and DVD movies, videos, photos and music from the comfort of their sofa.
Key Features of PowerDVD Remote
- Remote controller for PowerDVD: Turn your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touchor Android deviceinto a wireless remote to control your Blu-ray discs and DVDs
- Video and photos to PC: Wirelessly play and save your smart device’s videos and photos to your PC and enjoy them on the bigger screen
- Wireless mouse pad: Turn your smart device intoa mouse pad to control your PC
- Multi-touch control: Remotely rotate and zoom-in photos with multi-touch control
CyberLink PowerDVD 11Versions
PowerDVD 11Ultra: £ 79.99
PowerDVD 11 Deluxe: £ 54.99
PowerDVD 11Standard: £ 39.99
Upgrades for previous PowerDVDversions are available starting at £ 24.99.
PowerDVD 11 is available online, supporting the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, Korean, Russian and Portuguese. CyberLink offers OEM versions to PC and CE manufacturing customers, while a free trial download is also available from the CyberLink website.
PowerDVD Remote can be found on the Apple App Store and Android Market supporting the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, Korean, Russian and Portuguese.
CyberLink PowerDVD Remote Versions
PowerDVD Remote (for PowerDVD 11 Standard version users): £ 3.99
PowerDVD Remote FREE (for PowerDVD 11 Ultra/Deluxe users): FREE