HTC has just released a detailed list of all their Android smartphones that will be upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in the coming months. It isn’t the first time we’ve seen the same sort of list but this one brings with it some added details.
Here comes the list:
- DROID Incredible 2 by HTC – To be determined (by the end of August)
- HTC Amaze 4G – May-June
- HTC Desire S – June-July
- HTC Desire HD – July-August
- HTC EVO 3D – June-July
- HTC EVO 4G+ – May-June
- HTC EVO Design 4G – June-July
- HTC Incredible S – June-July
- HTC Sensation – March-June
- HTC Sensation 4G – March-June
- HTC Sensation XE – March-June
- HTC Sensation XL – April-Jun
- HTC Rezound – June-July
- HTC Rhyme – June-July
- HTC Thunderbolt – July-August
- HTC Velocity 4G – March-June
- HTC Vivid – March-June
Essentially every phone HTC has released in the last 18 months is present on the list – except for phones that have 512 MB or less of ROM (internal memory). This unfortunately includes phones such as the ChaCha, Salsa, Wildfire S and the Explorer. Furthermore, HTC’s tablets will not get to meet the Ice Cream Sandwich operating system and will forever be limited to Android 3.x Honeycomb.
Most of those phones on the list will get their update sometime in June or July but those whose devices are linked up to their carriers may have to wait an additional 45 days – and possibly longer.
KitGuru says: It’s good to see HTC pushing updates to many of their recent devices. Whether or not the above schedule will be stuck too is yet to be seen.