Instead of hosting a press event on New York's waterfront, Google has launched the LG Nexus 4 without a formal press event. The latest Nexus smartphone has killer specifications and a very attractive price on its side. The only real downside to the device is a lack of storage expansion.
Key specifications of the device include:
• Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core Krait CPUs
• Operating System: Android 4.2, Jelly Bean
• Network: 3G (WCDMA), HSPA+
• Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus (1280 x 768 pixels)
• Memory: 8GB / 16GB
• RAM: 2GB
• Camera: 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP HD front
• Battery: 2,100mAh Li-Polymer (embedded) / Talk time: 15.3 hours / Standby: 390 hours
• Size: 133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1mm
• Weight: 139g
• Other: Wireless charging, NFC
Pricing for the 8 GB model is $299 while the 16 GB handset will cost another $50. The LG Nexus 4 will be avaiable unlocked from the Google Play Store from November 13 in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain and Canada. Offline availability will commence from the end of November in Europe, Central/South Americas, Asia, CIS and the Middle East.
KitGuru says: We have little to no doubt that the LG Nexus 4 will shift a lot of units.