External hard drives have grown in popularity in the last year, allowing users to expand storage capacity with minimal effort and at a very low cost. The external solution is ideal for ‘offline' data backup or to share media and data files quickly across multiple machines.
Today we are going to look at one of Startech's external hard drive enclosures which has room for four 3.5″ SATA hard drives in a RAID configuration. This is designed specifically for corporate users so it uses the royalty free eSATA interface exclusively rather than USB3.0. As numerous corporate users only upgrade their PC systems every few years, Startech includes an eSATA expansion card with the InfoSafe which can be installed into a PCI slot.
- Model Number: SAT3540ER2
- Enclosure Type: Aluminium
- Number of Drives: 4
- Compatible Drives: 3.5″ SATA
- Max Drive Capacity: Tested up to 2.0GB
- Supported RAID Modes: BIG, CLONE, JBOD, RAID0, RAID1, RAID10, RAID5
- Fans: 1x 80mm
- Dimensions: 170 x 230 x 149 mm (W x L x H)
- Host Connector: 7-pin eSATA DATA Male