JeGX from Geeks.3d just emailed to let us know that a new version of the great stress test Furmark has been released, taking it to 1.9.0.
From his site:
First thing, FurMark is still an OpenGL 2.0 GPU stress test. That means all available GPUs can be tested with FurMark including:
– NVIDIA GeForce 6 to latest GeForce GTX 500
– AMD Radeon HD 2000 to latest Radeon HD 6000
– Intel Sandy Bridge GPUs HD 2000 / HD 3000
– S3 Graphics Chrome 400, 500
– and all other models I forget.
The graphics workload is heavier than in FurMark 1.8.2 to follow the GPU power processing of recent graphics cards. For example, a GTX 480 has a score of 6478 points (108FPS) in FurMark 1.8.2 in 1920×1080 while in FurMark 1.9.0 the score of the same card is only 1769 points (29FPS).
FurMark 1.9.0 adds a dynamic background instead of an static image. But don’t panic, this is an option, and if you want to find your favorite dragon, just uncheck the dynamic background. I also added a mode with two interlaced furry torus and a moving camera.
To make benchmark process simpler, there are now two presets that allow to submit an online score: Preset:1080 and Preset:720. Just click on a preset button and the benchmark starts with predefined settings:
- Preset:1080 : 1920×1080 fullscreen, no AA, Post FX disabled, dynamic background, burn-in enabled.
- Preset:720 : 1280×720 fullscreen, no AA, Post FX disabled, dynamic background, burn-in enabled.
More information on the software and a download link is available over here.