I remember vividly when Silverstone released the Raven RV02. It has been one of the stand out products for me in the last decade, utilising the simple theory that ‘heat rises’ as the foundation of the design. Until then I had been astonished that no chassis designer had built a case from the ground up with a pure focus on vertical airflow. Today we are looking at the third incarnation of the design, the RV03.
The RV03 follows the same cooling principles as before with a 90 degree motherboard mounting and a ‘straight up’ air flow system. This time however there are two of the new Penetrator 180mm fans with support for up to a total of seven case fans.
Why so long with the review? We wanted to wait until retail versions of the Raven 03 were ready for review as pre-production models sent out to some press a while ago were not completely finished.
- Revolutionary 90 degree motherboard mounting from RAVEN RV01
- Includes two Air Penetrator 180mm fans for superb performance and quietness
- Support up to seven 120mm fans for exceptional cooling flexibility
- Motherboard back plate opening behind CPU area for quick cooler assembly
- Supports Extended ATX motherboard
- Supports eight expansion slots and graphics cards of any length
- Mandatory cable management design for clean looking system on every build
- Hard drive compartment with independent cooling zone
- Upscale and aggressive styling with dual-purpose front panel bezels