Today we are looking at the new Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard when paired up with the flagship GTX680. Is this the ideal foundation for a new, high performance enthusiast system?
A couple of weeks ago we reviewed the Asus Sabretooth Z77 motherboard when paired up with an overclocked Core i7 2600k and it walked away with our highest award. The Sabertooth Z77 is actually one of the finest motherboards I have reviewed this year. I have high hopes that the P8Z77-V Deluxe can maintain the high standard we have come to expect from Asus.
Below is a list of key specifications:
- Dual Intelligent Processors 3 with SMART DIGI+ Power Control
- SMART DIGI+ – Get a Blazing Performance Boost and CPU Wattage Cut in Half!
- Wi-Fi GO! – DLNA Streaming and Remote Desktop Made Easy
- Fan Xpert 2 – The Most Customizable Fan Controls
- USB 3.0 Boost – Faster USB 3.0 Transmission with UASP
- Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU/3-Way CrossFireX Support!
While this review is focusing on the Intel Core i7 3770k processor, Intel have a wide range of processors being launched – The Core i7 3920XM Extreme Edition, i7 3770k and i7 3770 target the mainstream enthusiast desktop audience.
Intel supplement these with the i7-3770T and i7 3770S in the desktop ‘low power’ sector. Mobile i7 3870QM, i7-3720QM, i7-3612QM and 3610QM processors have also been released. Finally Intel also launch five new Core i5 processors today – the i5-3570K, i5-3550 and i5-3450 and the low power i5-3550s and i5-3450s.Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe Review,