As the demand for storage space increases we have seen a handful of manufacturers releasing larger and faster USB 3.0 pen drives. In January we reviewed the Kingston DataTraveler HyperX Predator 512GB drive which broke new ground for performance. The only downside was the asking price, a staggering £650 inc vat. Today we are looking at the latest SuperSonic Magnum 256GB USB 3.0 pen drive, priced at a more palatable £250 inc vat.
The Patriot SuperSonic Magnum will be released in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities. We are testing the largest 256GB version today which is also the fastest.
Patriot rate performance at 250 MB/s read and 160 MB/s write for the 256GB drive. This drops to 200 MB/s read and 120 MB/s write for the 64GB and 128GB versions. All of them carry a 5 year warranty.
- USB 3.0 compliant.
- 8-Channel technology for fast read/write performance.
- 64GB and 128GB – U p to 200MB/s read.
- 256GB – U p to 250MB/s read.
- 64GB and 128GB – Up to 120MB/s write.
- 256GB – U p to 160MB/s write.
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
- Aluminum housing for shock resistance up t o 15G.
- Compatible with Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP®, Windows 2000®, Windows® ME, Linux 2.4 and later,
Mac® OS9, X.