A few weeks back AMD launched their new 990FX chipset which provides support for the new AM3+ socket. Motherboards based on this chipset and socket will support the new Bulldozer (Zambezi) line of CPUs when they are launched. We looked at the Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboard on launch day which left us with generally positive impressions but today we are looking at a different board from Asus.
Today for review, is the Asus’ top-end 990FX motherboard, the Crosshair V Formula which is part of their RoG (Republic of Gamers) series of products. Like the Sabertooth 990FX, this boasts an impressive specification that is sure to whet the appetites of enthusiasts.
It supports 3-way AMD CrossfireX and nVidia SLI so whatever your preference on GPU manufacturer, you’ll be happy. Other features worthy of note include six SATA3.0 (6Gbps) ports, six USB3.0 ports and 8+2 phase DIGI+ VRM.
- 3-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ / AMD CrossFireX™ Technology
- Extreme Engine Digi+ – Powerful combination of analog and digital design elements
- SupremeFX X-Fi 2 – Play with ultra-real cinematic in-game surround sound!
- GameFirst – Creates the speed you need to PWN!
- Intel® Gigabit LAN – Experience the fast network connectivity!
- UEFI BIOS – Flexible & Easy BIOS Interface
For the full specification of this motherboard, visit the Asus website here