Gigabyte has announced the release of a new gaming motherboard, specifically designed with AMD users in mind. Known as the G1 Sniper A88X and therefore part of the G1-Killer range of gaming motherboards, it comes packing all the standard features you’d expect of a high end Gigabyte product, with the inclusion some exclusive audio features too.
This mobo supports both current-gen FM2 Trinity and Richland APUs, as well as the upcoming FM2+ Keveri chips and comes packing all of the features from the existing range of G1-Killer boards. However, the big focus with this motherboard was audio, with several specific features designed to keep users at the cutting edge of PC sound. Some of these include:
- Gold plated USB connectors and isolated power sources, for noise-free power delivery
- Gain boost switches, allowing on the fly amplification
- Upgradable operational amplifier (OP-Amp), meaning unique customisation of sound scape
- Electrostatic shield between all analogue audio components
- High quality Nichion MUSE ES audio capacitors used throughout
- Realtek ALC898 audio processor also shielded by gold-plated cover
While all the gold might be a bit much, it does provide a durability for ports and covers over the more traditional nickel plating – though expect the extra material value to feature in the cost.
For a full range of features, you can see the Gigabyte release here, though there’s no specific web-page for this board yet.
KitGuru Says: With a board like this, focused so much on audio, you’d think it would be marketed at semi-professionals, or bedroom DJs, instead of the quite obvious gamer centric styling with all the references to killing and sniping.