Built to serve extreme overclockers and hardcore enthusiasts, can the Z87 Republic Of Gamers series’ flagship model compete with the finest motherboards that ASRock and MSI have to offer?
Perched at the top of Asus’ Z87 ROG tree, the Maximus VI Extreme features support for 4-way graphics configurations via a PLX PEX8747 switch, an 8+2 phase power delivery system, and a host of overclocking-geared adaptations.
Some of the overclocking adaptations include onboard voltage check points known as Probelt, a specific LN2 mode, a PCI-E slot switch, Subzero Sense, and perhaps most importantly, the brand-new OC Panel.
Packed to the brim with overclocking enhancements, as well as its general usage features such as 802.11ac WiFi and ROG software, can the Asus Maximus VI Extreme prove itself as a worthy contender in the premium Z87 motherboard market?
- OC Panel – Overclocking Command Center
- Extreme Engine Digi+ III – Hardcore power delivery with premium components
- Subzero Sense – Find out how cold your board is
- VGA Hotwire – Hotwire your system
- mPCIe Combo II + Wi-Fi 802.11ac/Bluetooth 4.0 – Extra connections to next gen standards
- 4-Way NIVDIA® SLI™ / AMD CrossFireX™ Support