Cooler Master have been releasing power supplies now for many years and today we are looking at an upgrade to their long standing 650w non modular unit. It receives 80 Plus Certification and a range of internal design changes, with a new Enhance implementation. Cooler Master are also aiming for competitive pricing to target the mainstream enthusiast audience … but is it worth your money?
The GX650 we are looking at today is the mid range model in a new series of 550w, 650w and 750w power supplies which are hitting the market this week. They are designed for enthusiast systems with a key focus on performance, while maintaining a strong value for money balance. The new design features a dual layer EMI filter and a large quality 120mm PWM controlled fan.
Main feature list:
- Compliance with the latest Intel standard ATX 12V V2.31
- Single +12V Rail provides ample power and strong resistance to any overloading
- High efficiency design that meets 80 Plus Bronze requirements
- Multiple protection designs (OVP/UVP/OPP/OTP/SCP).
- High reliability of over 100,000 hours
- Double Layer EMI Filter reduces Electromagnetic Interference.
- Huge bulk capacitor for hold up times of >17ms when fully loaded
- Efficient transformer that reduces 5Vsb power loss when the system is in off/sleep state.
- EuP ready: To save most power consumption (below 1W in standby mode)
- Five Year Warranty