If you have a very limited budget but need a reliable power supply for a new system build then you may feel you are walking into a serious minefield of choices. Thankfully there is no need anymore to just blindly accept a cheap ‘no name’ oriental power supply. Corsair have had great success with their affordable system builder range of supplies and today we look at their latest modular unit.
The latest Corsair System Builder power supply is semi (hybrid) modular and ships with 80 Plus Bronze certification. Corsair are known to work with a handful of reputable companies to create their power supplies however they are keen to point out that this unit has received more than just a Corsair sticker on the chassis. We will look at this in more detail later in the review when we open it up.
- Up to 85% energy efficiency means less heat generation and lower energy bills
- 0.99 Active Power Factor Correction provides clean and reliable power
- A dedicated single +12V rail offers maximum compatibility with the latest components
- Over-voltage and over-power protection, under-voltage protection, and short circuit protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components
- Extra long fully-sleeved cables support full tower chassis
- ErP Lot 6 Compliant
- A three year warranty and lifetime access to Corsair’s legendary technical support and customer service.