Thermaltake have a solid reputation for building capable and efficient power supplies and today we are looking at one of the four new units in their latest Toughpower XT Series – the 775. These range in output capacity from the entry level 575W to the high end 875W and they are supplied with modular cables.
All of the models in the range feature generous 140mm cooling fans, fan delay cooling technology, active PFC with high efficiency and ATX12V/EPS12V compliance. The XT power supplies also utilise three LED status indicators on the side which are a very practical addition.
When you combine all this with a full 5 year warranty, initial impressions are already beginning to take a positive turn.
Thermaltake marketing have been keen to extoll the virtues of the XT series by adding: “By utilising the most advanced double forward & DC to DC Converter design along with highest-grade Japanese capacitors & solid state capacitors with the ability to withstand up to 105c (221f) the Toughpower XT series power supply is able to deliver unprecedented performance with exceptional voltage regulation, power efficiency and long lasting reliability that will be unrivalled by any current power supply on the market.”
Thermaltake Toughpower XT Series 775W PSU Key features:
- 80 PLUS Bronze certified – provide up to 88% effective power conversion to cut down on electricity costs.
- Compliance with Intel ATX 12V 2.3 & SSI EPS 12V 2.91 standards
- 24/7 @ 50c: Guaranteed to deliver 575/675w/775w/875W continuous output power.
- Double forward switching circuitry: compared with traditional circuitry, double forward switching circuitry offers low power loss and high reliability.
- S.P.T. Indicator: PSU status monitor with 3 mode LED (Standby/PG Signal/Temperature)
- Unparalleled DC to DC converters for 3.3V and 5V outputs to reach high efficiency.
- 12Vin1: single +12v rail design providing up to 48A/56A/64A/72A
- Fan delay Cool Technology which allows the fan to continue to operate after system shuts down to ensure all components are properly cooled – helping to aid longevity.
- Solid state capacitors: great stability at higher operating temperatures, frequencies and currents.
- High Quality Japanese capacitors: ensure superb performance and reliability.
- Multi GPU ready: support up to two PCI E 6+2 pin & two PCI-E 6 pin for PCI Express graphics cards.
- Auto switching circuitry for universal AC input from 90-264V
- High Reliability: MTBF greater than 120,000 hours
- Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) with PF value of 0.95 at full load.
- Built in industrial grade protection circuitry: Over current, Over power, Over Voltage, Under voltage and Short circuit protection.
- Safety/ EMI Approvals: UL/CUL, TUV, FCC, CE, BSMI and GOST certified
- Dimensions: 150mm x 86mm x 160 mm (W,H,L).
The Toughpower XT series 775W psu is rated by Thermaltake to deliver up to 775watts of continuous power at 50c operating temperature. While 775w in today’s computing environment doesn’t seem like a huge amount of power, be aware that many less trustworthy manufacturers rate their units on much lower operating temperatures – something always worth checking into. The PSU also incorporates a single 12V line out which can deliver a whopping 64A (768W).Thermaltake ToughPower XT 775w review,