Earlier this year Xigmatek released a couple of power supplies which didn’t receive much coverage, but we really liked the whole ‘eco friendly’ approach they were focusing on, heck they even shipped the unit in a box made from recycled materials.
They have four supplies in this range, The PC402, PC502, PC602 and PC702; with the first number in the product name signifying the power output. The PC702 we are looking at today is therefore a 700W model, the highest in this particular range. These models are marketed at the everyday enthusiast with a high value element to ensure they are easily affordable – The PC702 for instance is only £70 in the UK right now. We need to balance out our test units as we have, to this point, focused primarily on expensive, high end power supplies.
The Xigmatek NRP-PC702 Power Supply is 80 PLUS Bronze certified which means it has to have an efficiency rating of 85 percent or greater when under 50 percent load.
A full list of specifications is available here
- Real and stable 700W output
- High efficiency over 85%
- Compliant with ATX12V Ver.2.3
- DC quality with low ripple noise
- 0.99 Active PFC rate
- Japanese 105°C Main Capacitor
- 140mm silent cooling fan
- Smart thermal fan control
- All DC cables with mesh sleeve
- PCIe graphic card connector support , supports high-end graphic card with PCIe 6/8pin connector.