Today's market is saturated with SSD drives and it is difficult to know which drive to buy. No one wants to pay over the odds for something they don't need, yet we all want to make sure the performance is up to stratch. This is how Kingston are marketing their SSDNOW V100 series, with fantastic levels of performance at the lowest possible prices.
The Kingston V100 series of solid state drives are available in three sizes, 64GB, 128GB and 256GB. All drives have a 3 year warranty with 24/7 technical support. The 128GB model costs £198 inc vat and can be bought in ‘notebook upgrade kit' packs which offer an external chassis, cabling and DVD with Acronis True Image for easy drive mirroring. Kingston only charge £207 inc vat for this additional bundle … £9 extra certainly seems like a great deal.
- Form factor — 2.5″
- Interface — SATA 1.5 Gb/sec. and 3.0 Gb/sec.
- Capacities — 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Dimensions — 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
- Weight — 78 grams
- Storage Temperatures — -40°C to 85°C
- Operating Temperatures — 0°C to 70°C
- Vibration Operating — 2.17G
- Vibration Non-Operation — 20G
- 256GB – 250MB/sec. read
- 128GB – 250MB/sec. read
- 64GB – 250MB/sec. read
- 256GB – 230MB/sec write
- 128GB – 230MB/sec write
- 64GB – 145MB/sec write
- Power Specs — 6.4 W (TYP) Active / 1.0W (TYP) Idle
- MTBF — 1,000,000 Hrs