KitGuru has reviewed many NAS systems in the last year and we have covered most of the previous range from Synology. Today we are looking at the new flagship product aimed at the small and medium sized business market. With support for up to 15 drives via additional Synology DX510 units and class leading read and write performance this looks on paper to be an outstanding addition to their range …. but can it deliver?
“+” series = performance range.
standard series (no digit) = mixture of performance and storage.
“j” series = entry level consumer, concerned about capacity but not performance.
DS = Diskstation
First Digit = number of bays
Second numbers = year for the release
Therefore we can see that the DS1511+ is a member of the performance series, it can support up to 15 drive bays and was created for the year 2011.
- Windows® ADS and ACL support
- iSCSI Support as Virtualization Solution
- Scale up to 15 Drives with Synology DX5102
- Expandable RAM Size (up to 3GB)
- 2 LAN with Failover and Link Aggregation Support
- Hot-swappable Hard Drive Design