Many readers will be pleased to hear that Sony's Playstation Network is back online for the UK audience with the aim to get all services back in action by the end of the month.
Sony have released a new 3.61 firmware which has to be applied to the console after first boot up. Sony are also forcing a password change for users to get back into the service. American and Europe are up and running and other countries will be up and running shortly.
The services below are available with the roll in updates and network restore:
- Sign-in for PlayStation®Network and Qriocity services, including the resetting of passwords
- Restoration of online game-play across PS3 and PSP
- Playback rental video content, if within rental period, of PlayStation Network Video Delivery Service on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
- Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity, for current subscribers, on PS3 and PC
- Access to 3rd party services such as Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and MLB.tv
- ‘Friends' category on PS3, including Friends List, Chat Functionality, Trophy Comparison, etc
- PlayStation Home
Kazuo Hirai has created a video for Sony customers, apologising for the outage and he also talks of a ‘Weclome Back Package'. He also mentions new security measures to ensure that Playstation Network customers feel safe.
KitGuru says: are you back online and happy?