For our tests we will be using a Noctua NH-D14 to cool the Intel Core i7-3930K CPU in the Nanoxia Deep Silence 2. Our test system also features an AMD Radeon HD 7950 graphics card.
We manually overclocked the i7-3930K to 4.7 GHz by increasing the multiplier to 47x, leaving the baseclock set at 100 MHz. We set Load Line Calibration to ‘High’, and increased the CPU Current Capability to 120% with a minor voltage increase. Speed stepping was disabled for both stock and overclocked tests.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K
- Motherboard: Asus P9X79
- Cooler: Phanteks Noctua NH-D14
- Thermal Paste: Arctic Cooling MX-2.
- Memory: 16GB (4x 4GB) Mushkin Blackline 1600 MHz
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950.
- Power Supply: Seasonic Platinum 1000W
- System Drive: Intel SSD 330 Series 120 GB
- Monitor: Viewsonic VX2260WM.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).
- CPUID Hardware Monitor.
- Prime95 64-bit.
- Furmark V1.10.6