We had a good look at some of the upcoming PSUs from FSP back at Computex and today we are seeing the first post-event launch. The new FSP Hydro G Pro series of PSUs are launching today with a fully modular design, 80Plus Gold efficiency and an improved safety design.
The Hydro G Pro series is built with Japanese capacitors to ensure reliability and low noise, the fan also uses a fluid dynamic bearing to improve lifespan. The newly designed Hydro G Pro also comes with new safety features and IEC62368 certification in a smaller compact size. There are two pre-built operation modes too, a normal mode and an eco mode that reduces noise further.
The PSU comes with modular, slim ribbon cables to reduce cable clutter. Here is the full spec sheet:
- Compliance with the latest ATX12V V2.52 specification
- Efficiency ≧ 90% at typical load
- Intelligent fan speed control
- Quiet and long-lasting 120mm FDB fan
- Ribbon cable design for enthusiasts
- Powerful +12V single rail design
- 100% Japanese electrolytic capacitors
- Ready for the latest Intel CPUs
- Conformal coatings for harsh environments
- Full protections: OCP, OVP, SCP, OPP, OTP
Currently, the FSP Hydro G Pro series is currently available in 850W and 1000W models, although 650 and 750W versions are also planned.
KitGuru Says: We’ve reviewed a lot of FSP power supplies over the last couple of years and look forward to taking a look at the new improvements in more detail. Are any of you currently shopping around for a new power supply?