Antec have a wide range of quality products in their portfolio, and their power supplies have always been big sellers. They are updating their mainstream ‘value for money' EarthWatts range with two new models, a 650W and a 750W power supply. Today we are looking at the 650W model, with the 750W review to come very shortly.
The EarthWatts 650W is supplied without a power cable, because Antec see these units as ‘upgrade' models. Antec have came under fire for not supplying the power cable but after speaking with them, they feel that people already have plenty of cables and this is an unnecessary extra. I think there is also a ‘mother earth' angle to it, but I don't really understand how the removal of a power cable would help anything, so ill just move on.
So what's new? Well Antec are still using Delta as their OEM but they are now 80 Plus Bronze Certified. The new units are ‘green' and they have received some performance improvements. The 750W also has a larger cooling fan, but more on that in the next review.
Earthwatts 650W overview:
- 650 Watts of continuous power
- Nvidia SLI certified, ATI CrossFireX certified
- 80 Plus Bronze Certified – up to 88% efficient
- Two +12V rails
- Up to 100% power available on +12 rails
- Quiet 120mm fan
- ATX 12V version 2.3 and EPS12V version 2.91 compliant
- Active PFC with PF: 0.99
- MTBF: 100,000 hours
- Meets 2010 EUP requirement: 5Vsb < 1W
- Safety: cUL, TUV, CE, CB, FCC, C-TICK, CCC, BSMI, Gost-R