Today we are looking at the latest power supply from Corsair, the Gaming Series GS800 – an 800W unit firmly targeting the mainstream enthusiast audience. This 80Plus Bronze Certified unit is a non modular design with a single +12V rail, supported by a three year warranty.
The Gaming Series from Corsair features a 600W, 700W and 800W model. They are priced £58, £72 and £84 respectively in the United Kingdom and feature user adjustable lighting to enhance the appearance of a system build.
This lighting can be controlled via a dedicated switch on the back of the chassis and there is an detachable ‘color ring accessory pack' available separately to compliment the design.
- A dedicated single +12V rail offers maximum compatibility with the latest components.
- Fanless mode at low loads for quiet operation, with an ultra-quiet 140mm double ball-bearing fan that delivers excellent airflow when needed.
- Color adjustable LED fan can switch between red, blue, white, and off settings by pressing the button on the back (600W model – blue or off mode only).
- 80 PLUS Bronze certified, delivering up to 85% energy efficiency under real-world load conditions.
- Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) with PF value of 0.99.
- Universal AC input from 100~240VAV.
- Over-voltage, under-voltage, over-current, and short circuit protection provide maximum safety for your critical system components.
- High-quality capacitors provide uncompromised performance and reliability.
- A three year warranty and lifetime access to Corsair's legendary technical support and customer service.
- Safety Approvals: cTUVus, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TÜV, CCC, C-tick.
- Conforms to ATX12V v2.31 standard, and is backward compatible with the ATX12V 2.2 and ATX12V 2.01 standards.