Today we take a look at one of the newest power supplies to hit our labs, the Corsair RM1000x – a fully modular 80 Plus Gold rated unit featuring high quality Japanese capacitors. These units target the mainstream enthusiast hardware gamer, with 550W, 650W, 750W, 850W and 1000W capacities available.
The Corsair RMx Series feature a magnetic levitation (ML) fan which has been specifically tuned for use in a power supply. Earlier versions of these ML fans were first used in Corsair power supplies back in 2016. Corsair claim lower noise levels with these magnetic levitation bearing models, as well as high performance.
The 2021 RMx models have a new version of the Levitation fan with lower fan noise throughout the entire range. The power supplies also feature a zero RPM mode to help reduce fan noise under lower load conditions.
All models are a compact size, measuring 160mm long, except the 1000W model we have today for review, which is 180mm in length.
- Magnetic Levitation Fan: Utilizes magnetic levitation bearings and custom engineered rotors for high performance and low noise.
- 100% All Japanese 105°C Capacitors: Premium internal components ensure unwavering power delivery and long-term reliability.
- Modern Standby Compatible: Extremely fast wake-from-sleep times and better low-load efficiency.
- Zero RPM Fan Mode: At low and medium loads the cooling fan switches off entirely for near-silent operation.
- Fully Modular: Only connect the cables your system needs, making clean and tidy builds easier.
- Compact Size: A 160mm-long casing ensures an easy fit in almost all modern enthusiast PC cases.
- 80 PLUS Gold Certified: High efficiency operation for lower power consumption, less noise, and cooler temperatures.
- Ten-Year Warranty: Your guarantee of reliable operation that will last across several system builds.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here