Xbox Game Pass got off to a good start this month with the return of the Yakuza series, as well as a number of promising indie titles. We've now crossed the halfway point of the month, and now, the next batch of titles for Game Pass have been revealed.
Ubisoft is continuing to add to the Game Pass library with the addition of Watch Dogs 2. While Watch Dogs 2 is the best game in the series, the Xbox version leaves something to be desired. The game was never updated for the Xbox One X, so the Xbox version still runs at 900p resolution. On Series X/S consoles, you can switch on FPS boost to get the game running at 60FPS, but without a resolution increase, the game doesn't look great, especially compared to the PS4 Pro version, which did run at settings more suited for modern 4K TVs. Perhaps the extra attention from the game joining Game Pass will force Ubisoft to do something about this.
Here's the full list of titles heading to Xbox Game Pass over the next two weeks, including supported platforms and dates:
- Garden Story (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – Available now
- Solasta: Crown of the Magister (Cloud and Console) ID@Xbox – Available now
- As Dusk Falls (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 19
- Watch Dogs 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 19
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (PC) ID@Xbox – July 21
- MotoGP 22 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – July 21
- Torment: Tides of Numenera (Cloud and Console) – July 21
- Inside (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – July 29
As usual, there are some games cycling out of Game Pass this month. On July 31st, five titles will leave the service, including:
- Dodgeball Academia
- Katamari Damacy Reroll
- Lumines Remastered
- Raji: An Ancient Epic
As always, there will be another update with more games coming to Game Pass at the start of next month.
Discuss on our Facebook page, HERE.
KitGuru Says: I would love to play Watch Dogs 2 again for the achievements but Ubisoft really needs to patch in a new high-resolution mode for Xbox consoles.