At this point in time, CD Projekt Red has picked up work on upcoming, new content for Cyberpunk 2077 but there is still a team working to squash lingering bugs and improve performance. The latest patch does just that, with some more open world and quest fixes, as well as further optimisations.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.22 is now live across all platforms, addressing “the most frequently reported issues”. For quests and open world, we have the following fixes:
- The Metro: Memorial Park dataterm should now properly count towards the Frequent Flyer achievement.
- Fixed glitches in Johnny's appearance occurring after buying the Nomad car from Lana.
- Fixed an issue in Gig: Until Death Do Us Part where it was not possible to use the elevator.
- Fixed an issue in Epistrophy where the player could get trapped in the garage if they didn't follow the drone and ran into the control room instead.
- Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 1.21, where Takemura could get stuck in Japantown Docks in Down on the Street – for players who already experienced it before update 1.21 and continued playing until 1.22, Takemura will now teleport to Wakako's parlor.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from opening the phone in the apartment at the beginning of New Dawn Fades.
- Fixed an issue where the player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after interacting with a maintenance panel in Riders on the Storm.
This patch will also fix instances of NPC clothing clipping, an issue with subtitles not being properly aligned and memory management improvements for the PC version, which should reduce the number of crashes. On the PC side, further optimisations are now in place for skin and cloth rendering, which should now have less of a performance hit.
For consoles, the Xbox One version gets additional GPU and ESRAM optimisations and memory management has also been improved for the game on PlayStation 5.
Discuss on our Facebook page, HERE.
KitGuru Says: We've had several months of bug fixing patches, hopefully soon, CD Projekt Red will be ready to start discussing plans for future Cyberpunk 2077 content. We know new story content is coming thanks to the efforts of dataminers, so it is just a matter of when we'll start seeing announcements.