Were you disappointed by the Watch Dogs graphics downgrade? Well you don’t have to be anymore as a modder has found the disabled E3 graphical effects hidden away in the game files and is actively re-working the code back in to the game.
The Worse Mod is currently in version 0.6 and does bring a bit of a performance hit. However, it does prove that Ubisoft had purposefully removed working features from the PC version of the game.
Here’s the full list of added effects in version 0.6:
- Changes to the default fog values
- Enabled bokeh DOF for the main cameras
- Stuttering Improvements
- E3 2012 Bloom
- Performance Improvements
- Enabled Headlight Shadows
- LoD Changes
- Reflection changes
- Added 3 new cameras to the game(closer, normal, further)
- Rain changes(High quality rain drops, properly reacting to light, etc)
- Lighting changes(TESTING AND WIP)
- Civilians density changes
More will be added and the performance of the mod will be improved over time. You can keep track of the mod’s progress and see a few screenshots, HERE.
Discuss on our Facebook page, HERE.
KitGuru Says: Now this discovery begs the question, why on earth would Ubisoft sabotage its own game on one platform? Especially after the lengthy game delay.